software-store-developers team mailing list archive

always visible pkgstatusbar

Hi folks,

This weekend I worked on an idea that stemmed from a brief conversation with
mpt a few days back.

Basically the idea is to have the pkstatusbar float above the page when
scrolling beyond its resting location.

This means that the install remove buttons are always easily accessible.
 Moreover, i have done away with the addonsstatusbar and merged that
functionality into the pkgstatusbar.  Again this means the apply-changes and
cancel buttons are always within reach.  No annoying need to scroll the page
to get to buttons.  I think the end results are quite nice.
 Keynav/focus-chain is all working as expected.

Heres a screencast to better illustrate what i am talking about:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/123544/always-vis-pkgstatusbar.ogv

The code is here:
 lp:~mmcg069/software-center/concept-always-visible-pkgstatusbar

Keen to hear people thoughts.

Cheers,
matt
--