software-store-developers team mailing list archive

Re: Source layout change in trunk

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 10:07:14AM +0200, Olivier Tilloy wrote:
> Hey Michael and the S-C gang!
Hey Olivier!

[..]
> > In preparation for the tasks ahead with softare-center I did some work
> > in trunk to reorganize the code a bit. The old softwarecenter/view
> > directory is gone and there is softwarecener/ui/gtk now instead. This
> > should allow us to add gtk3, qml UIs relatively easily. While we do
> > that, we should refactor along the way and extract common code and
> > move it out of the ui parts.
>
> Awesome! I’m especially interested in experimenting with QML.
>
> @Matthew, have you started playing with pyside to write a QML plugin in
> pure python?

I take the liberty to answer for Matthew, AFAIK he took a couple of
extra vacation days in Budapest. There is standalone code here:
lp:~mmcg069/software-center/pyside-qt-sc

And a first attempt to integrate it into the new code layout:
lp:~mvo/software-center/refactor-with-qml

Its pretty basic currently, just the listview, not yet close to what
your c++ version can do.

[..]
> > I will continue to do some more refactor in the next few days to make
> > the seperation for the helpers better. If you notice anything broken
> > or have suggestions please talk to me, now is the right time for some
> > churn in the layout of the code :)
>
> All of this sounds very exciting, I’m looking forward to playing around
> with the new code base.

Yeah, I'm pretty excited as well! Fun times ahead!

Cheers,
 Michael