software-store-developers team mailing list archive

Re: rnr stats

On Sat, May 21, 2011 at 10:28:57PM +0100, Kiwinote wrote:
> Heya everyone!
>
> I was just nosing about in the rnr stuff and decided I would try and bring
> up a few stats. They're a bit raw and rough, but thought that you might be
> interested nevertheless. The stats don't cover pkgs in partners/commercial.

Thanks for digging into this, this is interessting! If you have a
script that generated them, I would love to include it in
software-center in some contrib/ dir.

> # reviews per pkg: http://paste.ubuntu.com/611206/
> # reviews per lang: http://paste.ubuntu.com/611208/
> # reviews per display name: http://paste.ubuntu.com/611209/
> # reviews per date: http://paste.ubuntu.com/611210/

Woah, we do really get a lot of reviews!

> star distribution: http://paste.ubuntu.com/611211/
> fav/tot usefulness distribition: http://paste.ubuntu.com/611212/

That is pretty interessting, it seems like either our software is
pretty good or there really is a strong bias toward rating them
high. OTOH I guess there is also the tendency to pick the stuff you
like and rate that as a recommendation to others.

Interessting numbers, thats for sure!

Cheers,
 Michael