software-store-developers team mailing list archive

qml branch lp:~mvo/software-center/qml

Hi,

just a quick note that I combined QML the C++ work of Olivier and the
pyside code of Matthew into lp:~mvo/software-center/qml (kudos to both
of you :). Its a simple listview and details page app.

It follow the sc.qml and code layout from lp:~osomon/+junk/sc-qml but
implements the backend in python (with lots of ideas from
lp:~mmcg069/software-center/pyside-qt-sc). Its note quite the same as
the c++ as pyside seems to not support the QDeclarativeExtensionPlugin
registration. Its also not using the desktop widgets currently but
Rectangle buttons, I will investigate if those can be packaged easily.

The code should be pretty readable, to try it out you need to install
python-pyside and then run in the qml branch checkout:
$ PYTHONPATH=. python softwarecenter/ui/qml/app.py
and type something into the search field.

Its a pretty neat proof of concept and shows a lot of potential! I
really hope that we can expand it and add more features to it over the
next few days/weeks.

Cheers,
 Michael

Follow ups