software-store-developers team mailing list archive

Re: USC Gtk3 progress

NB: to launch: cd to the branch dir and run ./software-center-gtk3

Some misc notes:

There are quirks with the port, i have not fully been able to switch to pygi
Gio, as in utils.py around line 470 the usage of:

#~ f = Gio.file_new_for_uri(url)
# callback handling does not seem implemented yet ...
#~ # first check if the url is reachable
#~ f.query_info_async(Gio.FILE_ATTRIBUTE_STANDARD_SIZE,
#~ Gio.FileQueryInfoFlags.NONE,
#~ 50, # i/o priority
#~ None, # g_cancellable
#~ callback,
#~ None) # user data

seems to raise errors, so i have had to stick with the static gio bindings
there unless someone can find a workaround.  Specifically the callback
handling seems broken, if i pass a python method i get a type error, while
trying to use a GAsyncReadyCallback () as the docs recommend raises a
NotImplementError.

Moreover, purchasedialog needs some love, all the WebKit constants used in
the file need converting. And also pendingpane is basically non-functional
as it seems the transactionwatcher code is undergoing some reworking.

Cheers
Matt