software-store-developers team mailing list archive

Re: USC Gtk3 progress

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 12:18:17AM +1200, Matthew McGowan wrote:
> Hi all,
Hi,

> After a few weeks of banging away at USC I finally have the app up and
> running using Gtk3 and pygi.

Thats awsome news!

> It looks terrible at the moment as i have basically removed all of the
> expose-event handlers and number of custom widgets.  I think there is no
> point in spending a lot of timE working on the visual components of USC
> until the redesign is finalised.

I much agree with this. Once the redesign is finished we can build the
new UI on top of the new gtk3 foundations. I really hope that we get
better API docs for python/gtk3 too. I will raise this next week again
with the pygi folks.

> Most of the basic functionality works, but so far the port should be
> considered a first draft and there will be many bugs and I have left a lot
> of fixme's in the code.
>
> Some screenshots attached...

I played with it a bit and its pretty cool that so much works already!
I will have a closer look next week and hopefully merge it into trunk
so that we can work on it in parallel with the rest of the code.

For now I would like to keep the gtk2 UI but basicly move it into
maintenance mode without new UI elements (the last outstanding branch
that touches the UI is the modify-review one iirc that needs to get
merged in soon).

Then once gtk3 is stable (enough) we can remove gtk2.

Cheers,
 Michael