software-store-developers team mailing list archive

Re: USC Gtk3 progress

Hi all,

I much agree with this. Once the redesign is finished we can build the
> new UI on top of the new gtk3 foundations. I really hope that we get
> better API docs for python/gtk3 too. I will raise this next week again
>  with the pygi folks.

Getting some pygi api docs for Glib, GObject, Pango, Cairo, PangoCairo, Gtk,
Gdk would be great.  While the C api references are usually adequate there
are some instances where the pygi api's are different, and it can be time
consuming and frustrating figuring out the pygi alternatives.

>   I played with it a bit and its pretty cool that so much works already!
> I will have a closer look next week and hopefully merge it into trunk
>  so that we can work on it in parallel with the rest of the code.

It should be pretty easy to patch stuff up from here on in, so i encourage
people to take a peak and find fix up bugs.

Also i have played around with the directory structure, mostly so i could
disguise the  number of files i needed to work on when i first started the
port. Its not ideal at the moment but i do like the pane/views separation.
 But now the import paths get a bit too long for my liking.  Keen to hear
ideas on how this can be improved.

> For now I would like to keep the gtk2 UI but basicly move it into
> maintenance mode without new UI elements (the last outstanding branch
> that touches the UI is the modify-review one iirc that needs to get
> merged in soon).
>
>  Then once gtk3 is stable (enough) we can remove gtk2.

Sounds good to me.

> Cheers,
>  Michael

Cheers,