software-store-developers team mailing list archive

s-c 5.0 is released (and Ubuntu 11.04 too ; )

Hello!

a warm THANKS from me to everyone who helped making the 5.0 release
happen. Ubuntu 11.04 just got released and our new software-center
along with it.

I think its a great achievement, we landed the new UI, search/sort
improvements, the banners, top-rated apps, improved review sorting,
oneconf and more and also got rid of a great deal of bugs. I'm very
happy :)

We are not standing still of course! The lp:software-center/5.0 branch
contains whats currently in oneiric and oneiric-proposed, trunk has
some fixes that are targeted for 5.0 once the current -proposed
version lands in -updates. Help on improving the overall experience is
very welcome, we regressed on the startup time for example and I would
love to fix some bugs and low-hanging fruits before we go full-steam
into the next version.

There is also a new branch
lp:~software-store-developers/software-center/precise that contains
some of the branches that did not quite make it for oneiric. This
includes work from Matthew McGowan (review-cancel, no-NM, link-button)
and Aaron (review-sorting UI) currently but more is welcome of course
:)

Speaking of the next version, I expect to be less churn this time
around, the next Ubuntu version will be a LTS with a strong focus on
stability. Startup time, improved test quality is high on my personal
wishlist.

Cheers,
 Michael