sony_laptop and the Alt-key

Ok, that sounds wierd, but I retried it about 10 times, repeatable:

- stop X
- start gdm
- login into a gnome session
- open terminal
- type AltGr-q (German kbd) and I get -> @
- use Fn-F5 or Fn-F6 to adjust the brightness
- type AltGr-q and I get -> q

(same with all AltGr combinations: \ } ] [ { ~ on German kbds, that is bad)

This is independent of the power plugged in or not.

It *IS* depending on Gnome, so I guess gnome-power-manager or something
else popping up that brightness OSD is the culprit.

Anyone here having an idea where that might come from, and how to track
that down?

Best wishes

Norbert

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@xxxxxxxx>        Vienna University of Technology
Debian Developer <preining@xxxxxxxxxx>                         Debian TeX Group
DEAL (n.)
The gummy substance found between damp toes.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff