Re: Various minor issues

Kim Lindberg schrieb:

Just wanted to ask about some things I've had troubles with lately. Maybe someone has some tips.

2) Dim and brightness behavior bugs me generally. I have set screen to dim after idle to save battery, which works fine. But the brightness does not reset to previous level when going back. I think what does is to set the brightness level according to gnome power settings.

I don't know Fedora, but the trick is to save the video state before suspend and restore it after resume. You could try he following: Look into /etc/acpi/actions and locate the script which handles the "button/lid" event. Insert the following lines from my suspend-to-ram script before the suspend command (which must be something like "echo mem > /sys/power/state"):

case $(</sys/devices/platform/sony-laptop/speed_stamina) in
(stamina)   videoId=00/02.0
            ;;
(speed)     videoId=01/00.0
esac

# Save video state in videofile

videofile=$(mktemp /tmp/video_state.XXXXX)
trap 'rm -f $videofile' 0 1 15
cat /proc/bus/pci/$videoId > $videofile

and insert this after the suspend command:

cat $videofile > /proc/bus/pci/$videoId
rm -f $videofile

I the script is too confusing, you could send it to me and I could have a look at it.

Regards,
Bernd

--
Bernd Eggink