Re: microphone? [SOLUTION!!]

Bernd Eggink wrote:
> Sorry, doesn't work for me. Playback is OK, but the only capture source
> alsamixer shows is "Digital". "Mic" is shown as a playback device (??).
> If I set "Digital" to 100%, I can record something, but the level is
> very, very low - like somebody speaking in a distance of 100 meters.

I'm using an Ubuntu Jaunty with the out-of-the-box alsa drivers
1.0.18rc3 (/proc/asound/version). Using alsamixer from a console I can
see in the "Playback" panel the following controls: Master, Headphone,
PCM, MIC, IEC958, IEC958D and Speaker. In the "Capture" panel I have:
Capture and Input Source. I'm using Input Source=Int DMic (it is a
digital microphone.

As you can read in the reported link: actually it didn't work using the
driver 1.0.20 (I don't know why: it could depends from a partial
installation...).

Mario