Re: microphone? [SOLUTION!!]

Mario schrieb:
Bernd Eggink wrote:
Sorry, doesn't work for me. Playback is OK, but the only capture source
alsamixer shows is "Digital". "Mic" is shown as a playback device (??).
If I set "Digital" to 100%, I can record something, but the level is
very, very low - like somebody speaking in a distance of 100 meters.

I'm using an Ubuntu Jaunty with the out-of-the-box alsa drivers
1.0.18rc3 (/proc/asound/version). Using alsamixer from a console I can
see in the "Playback" panel the following controls: Master, Headphone,
PCM, MIC, IEC958, IEC958D and Speaker. In the "Capture" panel I have:
Capture and Input Source. I'm using Input Source=Int DMic (it is a
digital microphone.

As you can read in the reported link: actually it didn't work using the
driver 1.0.20 (I don't know why: it could depends from a partial
installation...).

I'm running Crux with the latest kernel (2.6.29.4), which probably also includes the latest alsa driver. Anyway, if an older driver has worked, there may be some hope that a future built-in kernel driver will start working again. As I don't need the microphone badly, I'd rather wait instead of tinkering with my installation...

Bernd

--
Bernd Eggink
http://sudrala.de