Re: microphone? [SOLUTION!!]

Raphael Gradenwitz schrieb:
Hello Mario,

Am Montag, den 25.05.2009, 18:26 +0200 schrieb Mario:
Raphael Gradenwitz ha scritto:
Provided 'Digital' is chosen as Capture-Source, the microphone is
working out of the box. Skype works 100%
After appliance of 'options snd-hda-intel model=toshiba-s06' as you
proposed, it makes the same problems here:
 No Capture Mixer
 Microphone only verry low Volume.
This is interesting to know but I would know which model is
automatically selected in 1.0.19. Are you sure that your chipset is ALC262?
yep:
http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=4ae784158c20e2e2db09c852ee319416423446da
It is strange: here I can read 'snd-hda-intel: model=toshiba-s06'. You
said that that model is not working for you. Which is the model
automatically selected?

Ashes on my head!

You are right! Thank you Mario for opening my eyes!

I just forgot that I left the Lines:

        # Added for Microphone Vaio Z1
        options snd-hda-intel model=toshiba-s06
at the end of my /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf. (I did some experiments
with other ways to add those options, eg. through /etc/modules)

What I observed (and what confused me): After Making a Change (removing
or adding this Line) the Capture Source disappears from the Alsamixer.
It only becomes visible again after Starting a Skype Testcall.
Ergo: Starting a Testcall on Skype and then open Alsamixer. Then the
Digital Source appears and you are able to switch on (volume up)

I don't use Skype, but just found out that calling 'arecord' also makes the "Digital" source appear. However, I still don't get anything recorded, although nothing is muted and all sliders are at 100%.

Bernd

--
Bernd Eggink
http://sudrala.de