Wwan power saving

Hi all,

I just want to report that I managed to get the power consumption of my VGN-Z21VN down to about 9 Watts (working offline) by using all kinds of power saving tricks, mostly from http://www.lesswatts.org. The absolute minimum was 8.9 Watts! Admittedly no relevant user activity took place at this time, except some editing (and querying the power consumption, of course).

With a wwan connection (hso module), the value varies from 10 (idle) to 14 Watts (normal traffic).

I wonder if anybody knows a trick how to further decrease the wwan power consumption?

Greetings,
Bernd

--
Bernd Eggink