Re: Nvidia/Intel switching nightmare.

Hi all,

switching works like a harm.
Just load Evas sony-laptop module with speed_stamina=3.
In my case i created a file called /etc/modprobe.d/sony-laptop.conf with
following line: options sony-laptop speed_stamina=3
You have to boot with this kernel parameter: acpi_osi="!Windows 2006"
Just put it in the kernel command line of your bootmanager.
Now you can switch between stamina and speed without booting to Windows.
But your laptop have to be completely poweroff!
For loading the correct xorg.conf, i use this little script before starting
xserver:

#!/bin/sh
lspci | grep "00:02.1"
if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then
    cp /etc/X11/xorg.INTEL /etc/X11/xorg.conf
else
    cp /etc/X11/xorg.NVIDIA /etc/X11/xorg.conf
fi

Greetings,
Klaus