Re: Nvidia/Intel switching nightmare.

Dnia piątek 29 maj 2009, Klaus Addicks napisał:
> Hi all,
>
> switching works like a harm.
> Just load Evas sony-laptop module with speed_stamina=3.
> In my case i created a file called /etc/modprobe.d/sony-laptop.conf with
> following line: options sony-laptop speed_stamina=3
> You have to boot with this kernel parameter: acpi_osi="!Windows 2006"
> Just put it in the kernel command line of your bootmanager.
> Now you can switch between stamina and speed without booting to Windows.
> But your laptop have to be completely poweroff!
> For loading the correct xorg.conf, i use this little script before starting
> xserver:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> lspci | grep "00:02.1"
> if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then
>     cp /etc/X11/xorg.INTEL /etc/X11/xorg.conf
> else
>     cp /etc/X11/xorg.NVIDIA /etc/X11/xorg.conf
> fi

Well, it doesn't work for me. Still getting unable to copy vbios error on
Nvidia, and only intel graphics works.

boadicea:/home/platyna$ cat /proc/cmdline
BOOT_IMAGE=Linux ro root=801 acpi_osi=!Windows 2006

boadicea:/home/platyna$ cat /etc/modprobe.conf | grep sony
options sony-laptop speed_stamina=3

boadicea:/home/platyna$ cat /etc/default/acpi-support
DOUBLE_CONSOLE_SWITCH=true <-- This is to make scroll in touchpad to work
after hibernation.

Regards.

--
Zuzanna K. Filutowska