Re: Nvidia/Intel switching

Guillaume BINET schrieb:

I tried it a long time ago and I just realized why it didn't work:
*The thing is it doesn't work for the first off/on cycle from the intel mode (set by the module)*.

So the trick is to shutdown at least once with this configuration and you are done.

yeehaaa you really made my day !

Hm, I'm not that euphoric... Here are my experiences:

1. Switching from intel to nvidia works, as you reported, by re-booting
twice (apparently it doesn't matter whether the speed_stamina mode
is set to 1 or 3). The first time the system seems to hang, but fortunately the power button works.

2. Booting again into nvidia mode is not a problem. This is a real
improvement!

3. Switching back to intel is still kind of a nightmare, as you have
again to boot twice. The first time you get a black display, but
fortunately Ctrl-Alt-Del works.

IMHO this method is mainly a progress for those using nvidia most of the
time, or for those who can't (or don't want to) boot into Windows. The
double boot could of course be automated, but frankly said, the
Boot-Windows-For-Three-Seconds method is still faster than a complete
Linux boot.

Another problem is the missing backlight control for nvidia, or has anybody got that working? As long as it doesn't work, I prefer
running nvidia under Windows, and that's why I would be more interested
in being able to boot from Linux/stamina directly into Windows/speed.

Greetings,
Bernd

--
Bernd Eggink