Re: Nvidia/Intel switching nightmare.

Thank you for the feedback, Anthony.

I also have the option for the sony-laptop module in my configuration, but
forgot to mention it. It's now in the tutorial. Also corrected the typo.

I won't further pollute the mailing-list by sending the PDF. You can
download the last version from
http://www.gdv.uni-hannover.de/fileadmin/download/Installation-sony-vaio.pdf

Feel free to link to it.

Concerning reboots: I can't say how many reboots are necessary. Since I
forgot one thing or the other during setup, I shut down and booted a couple
of times until it worked. If someone can confirm your observation I will of
course include it.

Concerning the xorg.conf: actually, I didn't write mine by hand. When I got
the nvidia card to show up alone on the pci bus, I installed nvidia drivers
and nvidia-settings and fetched the configuration from nvidia-settings (but
only after I made a little happy dance around the desk ;o)

So long,
Philipp