Re: Eva's module vs 2.6.30

On Thursday 18 June 2009 11:06:15 Mario wrote:
> Matthias Welwarsky ha scritto:
> > On Thursday 18 June 2009 10:51:12 Mario wrote:
> >> I'm still using Eva's module but I'm just wondering if I still need it
> >> with kernel 2.6.30: what are the differences? I'm using the Intel
> >> graphics card. I guess sony module in 2.6.30 can't disable (for power
> >> saving) the nvidia card, but what about the rest? Multimedia keys?
> >
> > I think the rest should work. I'll have to download 2.6.30 kernel and
> > kompare the the module sources. Maybe it's time for a new release...
>
> If all the keys and rfkill stuff works well with the 2.6.30 kernel we
> could create a new module of utility that "try" to control the stuff
> related to the hybrid graphics system. Maybe the new nvidia-control does
> that...

Indeed. But I think the new nvidia-control lacks a possibility to "force" a
state, something that e.g. Norbert now uses in his Intel/Nvidia switching
script. I could add it there, too, but that means I need to distribute two
modules instead of one. Then nvidia-control however has the advantage of being
agnostic of laptop vendor, so it might work on other machines with
nvidia/intel hybrid graphics solution.