Re: Eva's module vs 2.6.30

Hi Matze,

Two comments if I may,
Because you did most of the work in this area together with Matthew Garrett,
you are probably the best to ask: how feasible is it to have the nvidia card
to switch on/off on a working linux session, not through a reboot? I still
see this being a very interesting feature even if an xserver reboot is
required...
The second comment, according to Matthew's email a while ago, it seems like
all nvidia hybrid graphics behave the same, so an nvidia generic control
tool is probably useful. I keep an updated list of current systems with
contributed DSDT dumps here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_Hybrid_Graphics

You can sort them by "graphics configuration" as this is for all 4 hybrid
graphics configurations I've found so far:

   - Intel <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel> graphics
processor<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphics_processing_unit>with
shared main memory +
   Nvidia <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia> graphics card (e.g. Sony
   Vaio <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VAIO> Z-series)
   - Nvidia <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia> processor with shared main
   memory + Nvidia <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia> high-end processor
   (e.g. Acer Aspire 7530, also Macbook
Pro<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macbook_Pro>late 2008/early 2009)
   - Intel <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel> graphics processor with
   shared main memory + ATI <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATI> graphics card
   (e.g. Lenovo T400)
   - ATI <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATI> processor with shared main
   memory + ATI <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATI> high-end processor (e.g.
   MSI PX211)

I hope it's useful for you or anybody else in the list,

Cheers,

    Albert.