Re: Kernel 2.6.30 and WLAN

Mario schrieb:
Bernd Eggink wrote:
Meanwhile I fiddled a bit with the kernel parameters and managed to
improve things a lot. I think the problem was the (involuntary)
activation of  WIRELESS_OLD_REGULATORY (Networking support / Wireless /

What do you mean with 'involuntary activation'?! How did you disactivate it?

Well, I always configure and compile the kernels myself. This parameter has been set in my 2.6.29.5 kernel (where it did no harm) and I copied it into the 2.6.30 configuration without thinking. So 'stupidly' may be a better wording than 'involuntary'. Anyway, unsetting it and re-making the kernel did it for me.

$ grep WIRELESS_OLD_REGULATORY /boot/config-2.6.30-020630-generic
# CONFIG_WIRELESS_OLD_REGULATORY is not set

That looks good.

Bernd

--
Bernd Eggink