Re: Nvidia/Intel switching nightmare.

I also tried the tutorial, but things are not working for me.

I have a Z36 running Ubuntu 9.04 64 bit.

The tar command didn't work for me, but Ubuntu can extract through the GUI.

sudo make test gives an error (where can I find more info on my machine, if
any?):

jiyong@jiyong-laptop:~/sony-laptop-zseries-0.9$ make
make -C /lib/modules/2.6.28-13-generic/build
SUBDIRS=/home/jiyong/sony-laptop-zseries-0.9 modules
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.28-13-generic'
  Building modules, stage 2.
  MODPOST 2 modules
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.28-13-generic'
jiyong@jiyong-laptop:~/sony-laptop-zseries-0.9$ sudo make test
[sudo] password for jiyong:
rmmod sony-laptop
ERROR: Module sony_laptop does not exist in /proc/modules
make: *** [test] Error 1

And GRUB seems to have a problem updating on my machine.
Sometimes the Stamina light comes up, but most of the time (from cold boot)
there's no light at all.

My main priority is to power down the NVidia to save battery.

Any pointers?

Ji Yong

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 12:13 PM, newway.liu@xxxxxxxxx <newway.liu@xxxxxxxxx