rfkill-applet 0.5

Uploaded
http://www.logic.at/people/preining/software/rfkill-applet-0.5.tar.gz

Changes:
	Support for /dev/rfkill (as found in 2.6.31-rc kernels).

	THe rfkill applet will first try to use /dev/rfkill (see README
	for adjusting rw permissions to that device using udev), and if
	that fails will fall back do HAL/DBUS access.

	The advantage of /dev/rfkill is that no periodic polling is
	necessary, the poll will block until a change is there.
	Furthermore, full support for independent hard and soft on and off
	is only possible in /dev/rfkill.

	For HAL/DBUS: no specification of haroff and softoff value
	possible anymore in the config file, that is a value fixed in
	the kernel.

So please update your config file.

I expect several problems with that, although I have the applet wiht
/dev/rfkill access mode running without any problems since quite some time.

Mind, that there is a new file (rfkillclient.py) that has to be installed
where python searches modules.

All the best

Norbert

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@xxxxxxxx>        Vienna University of Technology
Debian Developer <preining@xxxxxxxxxx>                         Debian TeX Group
UMBERLEIGH (n.)
The awful moment which follows a dorchester (q.v.) when a speaker
weighs up whether to repeat an amusing remark after nobody laughed the
last time. To be on the horns of an umberleigh is to wonder whether
people didn't hear the remark, or whether they did hear it and just
didn't think it was funny, which was why somebody coughed.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff

Follow ups