Weird / Good news

I've been using for the last month a custom method for switch the cards,
which involved having two DSDT, one for each card. Although this method
worked to keep the currently active card on, I still needed to boot XP if I
wanted to switch.

But now, as I did a clean install,, I decided to try the "new" method
everyone is using, which is that sony-laptop moule by Eva.

I though it was draining my battery really fast, even with the Intel on. As
I wasn't using this module before and my battery wasn't draining so fast, I
decided to remove it.

Okay, now the weird part. Without the module it still works! I believe it
has to do with the acpi_osi="!Windows 2006" used in Grub. I tried something
along this line before (when messing around with the DSDT) but never worked,
because it was in the wrong place!

So, I believe this is good news. Or at least they are for me, because I
wasn't really that interested in the sony-laptop mode. Still not sure how
battery life goes, as it's still charging :)

Follow ups