Re: Weird / Good news

Hi,

Effectively, the kernel argument acpi_osi is the one which make the switch work correctly. It isn't linked to eva's module.

And I suppose it's actually an easier (and better) way like the one you might have used via the dsdt file (which I tried at the beginning, but had exactly the same problem of winxp boot needed for card change).

That kernel parameter is THE current solution which works well (and is so easy to use, or not to use).
Alexandre Kaspar

Ricardo Ferreira <ricardo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

I've been using for the last month a custom method for switch the cards, which involved having two DSDT, one for each card. Although this method worked to keep the currently active card on, I still needed to boot XP if I wanted to switch.

But now, as I did a clean install,, I decided to try the "new" method everyone is using, which is that sony-laptop moule by Eva.

I though it was draining my battery really fast, even with the Intel on. As I wasn't using this module before and my battery wasn't draining so fast, I decided to remove it.

Okay, now the weird part. Without the module it still works! I believe it has to do with the acpi_osi="!Windows 2006" used in Grub. I tried something along this line before (when messing around with the DSDT) but never worked, because it was in the wrong place!

So, I believe this is good news. Or at least they are for me, because I wasn't really that interested in the sony-laptop mode. Still not sure how battery life goes, as it's still charging :)

--
http://www.wox-xion.ch/