Re: clean unstalation - problem

On Fr, 06 Nov 2009, Michal Kvasnicka wrote:
> Yes ... this is exactly what I am looking for ... how to bind
> smartdimmer to the key F5 and F6 events!!!
>
> Norbert, could you try to remmember how did you performs this task?

Google is your friend, man. 3min of googling and there it is:
http://www.palmix.org/vaio-en.html
Install nvlclock (I remember that I was using that one)

>From that page:
-----------------------
Now change some file (as root):

the first is /etc/acpi/events/sony-brightness-up , change like this:

event=sony/hotkey SNC 00000001 00000011
action=/usr/local/bin/nvclock -S +10

the second is /etc/acpi/events/sony-brightness-down  change like this:

event=sony/hotkey SNC 00000001 00000010
action=/usr/local/bin/nvclock -S -10

save, close files and give execution rights (as root):

chmod +x /etc/acpi/events/sony-brightness-up
chmod +x /etc/acpi/events/sony-brightness-down

now restart acpid demon:

etc/init.d/acpid restart

>From now you can change lcd 's backlight using Fn+F5 and Fn+F6.
-----------------------------

Best wishes

Norbert

Dr. Norbert Preining                                        Associate Professor
JAIST Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology   preining@xxxxxxxxxxx
Vienna University of Technology                               preining@xxxxxxxx
Debian Developer (Debian TeX Task Force)                    preining@xxxxxxxxxx
FARDUCKMANTON (n. archaic)
An ancient edict, mysteriously omitted from the Domesday Book,
requiring that the feeding of fowl on village ponds should be carried
out equitably.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff