Re: switch-x-to.conf / sony-laptop problem with 2.6.31-15 kernel

> Ah! Jailbreaked BIOS! OK. But..
> It may look the same but it is not. I have experimented with all
> possible settings which the unlocked advanced settings allow you to set
> but the "VGA Switching"=auto setting together with the kernel-comandline
> is the best working solution (my experience, maybe differs for you).
> You yourself described what happens. Moreover you have to change it all
> the time between OS-Changes (e.g. Linux - Vista), or not?

Actually I don't have any problem with unlocked BIOS. BIOS code isn't
modified, only one bit in settings is changed. So I think - everything is fine,
no matter what SONY says :)

After I changed option "VGA Switching" to "static" - notebook works just
as my previous VAIO VGN-SZ. And no, you don't have to do anything, when
use different OSes. I successfully install and use Linux, OpenBSD,
Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and MacOsX86.

>> However, in theory, this should not affect the switch.
>
> Where did you pickup that 'theory'? I have experimented over and over
> again, theory is dry ;-)

I don't think you can be sure of what is right and what is not,
when it comes to computers. Every second BIOS contains errors in the DSDT.
So I just assume that everything works as it should, and if it does
not - try to fix it ;)

> Please write here if you have a better settings-combination as the
> default (not speaking about VT-settings)

I'm not looking for "better" settings, but "VGA Switching",
"Intel VT" related stuff and ability to change hdd controller mode is
very helpfull.

Regards,
   Alexandr Kindras.