Re: SD-Card-Slot works 100% on Lucyd Lynx with 2.6.32-2-generic

Hello Norbert,

Am Mittwoch, den 11.11.2009, 14:10 +0100 schrieb Norbert Preining:
> On Mi, 11 Nov 2009, Raphael Gradenwitz wrote:
> > All of us have made a lot of different experiences with the SD-Card slot
> > before; it did never realy work in a way that it satisfied... until I
> > upgraded my Karmic to Lucid Lynx, the newest development branch from
> > Ubuntu. It comes with Kernel 2.6.32.2 (at present) and SD-Card-slot
> > works works works and works! You can boot without Card, hot mounting
> > everything. Realy great!
>
> Raphael?!?! How many times did I post the necessary patch for that???
> ;-))))))))

OK. That was not what I meant, I only wanted to inform that on the new
Ubuntu Lucid Kernel 2.6.32-2 everything works out of the box!

> I don't know exactely in which release it was included, but your kernel
> does not exists, 2.6.32.2 is not existing, we are still in the 2.6.32-rc
> series.

No, not 2.6.32.2 but 2.6.32-2

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/lucid/+search?text=2.6.32-2

You are using debian. Ubuntu is always some steps beyond. Didn't you
know that the ubuntu from today is on much fields the debian from
tomorrow?

> There is a simple patch that has been included in some distribution
> kernels, but not in an unpatched kernel. Now it is included, and since
> that patch I never had any problems (and I had *many* problems before).
>
> I attach the patch again, you might put it up somewhere for those using
> older kernel.

OK. I'll do that. Thank you!

Regards,

Raphael