Re: SD/MMC card reader problem ... final and clear tutorial

Hello Michal,

Am Mittwoch, den 11.11.2009, 22:22 +0100 schrieb Michal Kvasnicka:
> So, if I understand you well, I have to first express my determination to
> change some kernel source filesre and then recompile linux kernel,which is,
> of course, very delicate and dangerous task.
>
> Is there any other, more friendly, possibility how to fix the problem with
> SD/MMC card reader?

Yes.
Instead of the stock Ubuntu-Kernel you can try a Ubuntu Mainline-Build
from Linus Tree.

Wiki:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/MainlineBuilds?action=show&redirect=KernelMainlineBuilds

You need image and headers, the latter because of the sony-laptop
module.

Simply follow the steps from that wiki for installation.

If one of that kernels does not work as you want, simply uninstall it
with synaptics.

Regards,

Raphael