vaio Z 3G Modem

Hello Everybody,

I'm new to this mailing list. I hope somebody can help me.
I'm trying to get my 3G Modem working under Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic 64bit on my
Vaio Z41WD.
I already scanned the Mailing list and Ernof's Blog.
The only info I found is that the Modem should work with Eva's
Sony-laptop-kernel-module
and HSOConnect. I managed to install both. But when I start HSOConnect I get
the Error:

  Missing or incorrectly installed.
  NO Internet control!!!

What else do I need to install / configure.
It would be great if somebody could help me. 'Cause booting to Vista to get
into the Internet while traveling
is really painful (Vista is truly the worst OS ever, I hate it)

best regards,
André Bergner

Follow ups