sony-VGN-Zseries-janitor - Error when run as normal user (Karmic)

Hi,

I just tried to run the sony-VGN-Zseries-janitor script as a regular
user on an up-to-date Karmic (Ubuntu 9.10) installation. This gives

  user@archangel:~$ sony-VGN-Zseries-janitor
  xterm:  bad command line option ""
  usage:  xterm [-/+132] [-C] [-Sccn] [-T string] [-/+ah] [-/+ai] [-/+aw]
  (...)
  Type xterm -help for a full description.

and the script seems not run.

If I instead use

  $ sudo sony-VGN-Zseries-janitor

then it works. My regular user has

Maybe this is just a misunderstanding on my part. I am referring to
the section titled "Install and maintain most of this steps with the
sony-VGN-Zseries-janitor script" in Raphael's blog entry
"http://global-social.net/tiki-view_blog.php?blogId=3";. There it says
that the sony-VGN-Zseries-janitor script should be run as "normal user
(not root)".

Both, the regular user and root are using /bin/bash as shell.

Any ideas?

In case that helps:

  user@archangel:~$ xterm -version
  XTerm(243)

I have not used sony-VGN-Zseries-janitor before on this system, but
the legacy /etc/X11/update-gl predecessor.

Thanks
Mike

Follow ups