Re: Ubuntu Express Card issues

Hi André,

Am Montag, den 30.11.2009, 16:10 +0100 schrieb André Bergner:
> Now, I have another problem. I'm using (or better I would like to use)
> a soundcard which is an express card model (Echo Indigo IOx).
> The drivers come with Ubuntu and it should work out of the box.
> However, it does not work on my Vaio Z41WD. It works fine under vista
> but under linux it doesn't even appear in `lspci`.

What is the echo from

lsmod|grep snd-indigoiox

Try to do the following:

edit "/etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf" with your favorite editor and
include snd-indigoiox as follows:

options snd-indigoiox index=0

(or similar, I don't know the options)

install echomixer:

sudo apt-get install alsa-tools-gui

run:

echomixer

what is the echo?

if it answers you

"No Echoaudio cards found, sorry."

then I only can refer to

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/alsa-driver/+bug/398468

> Has anybody else tried to work with any kind of express card.

yes, I use a Silicon Image Sil 3531 eSATA II mass storage controller for
external 2 TB Harddisk with 3.0 Gbit/s but no echo soundcard (I do my
professional audio with Zoom-H4 which is connected over USB, since audio
does in my case not need to be that fast connected as storage)

> I would like to know if this is a kernel problem and express card is
> not supported or if it is a problem with my soundcard in particular.
>

> Any ideas.

you've got my 2 cents, hth

Regards,

Raphael