Re: Ubuntu Express Card issues

2009/11/30 Raphael Gradenwitz <raphael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Hi André,
>
> Am Montag, den 30.11.2009, 16:10 +0100 schrieb André Bergner:
> > Now, I have another problem. I'm using (or better I would like to use)
> > a soundcard which is an express card model (Echo Indigo IOx).
> > The drivers come with Ubuntu and it should work out of the box.
> > However, it does not work on my Vaio Z41WD. It works fine under vista
> > but under linux it doesn't even appear in `lspci`.
>
> What is the echo from
>
> lsmod|grep snd-indigoiox

It's not there. Also if I load it by hand nothing happens

> Try to do the following:
>
> edit "/etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf" with your favorite editor and
> include snd-indigoiox as follows:
>
> options snd-indigoiox index=0
>
> (or similar, I don't know the options)
>
> install echomixer:
>
> sudo apt-get install alsa-tools-gui
>
> run:
>
> echomixer
>
>  what is the echo?

> if it answers you
>
> "No Echoaudio cards found, sorry."

Yes, that's what I get.

> then I only can refer to
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/alsa-driver/+bug/398468

Mmh, I don't think that this is a bug in the driver.

Since I don't get any message from the system, when I plug the card in I
rather assume something more fundamental.

I don't find that express card module Wayde was mentioning. However, I would
assume that Express card support shoud com out of the box.

What possibilities for testing and error traacking do I have. Are there any
listeners, with which I can check if the system reacts to the card somehow?