Re: Graphic card issue -- summary please

Hello André,

Am Mittwoch, den 02.12.2009, 12:27 +0100 schrieb André Bergner:
> I would like to understand what is the exact problem with the two
> graphic cards in sony z series.
>

> When I run 'lspci' I see both cards. When I was installing Jaunty I
> was also installing the proprietary nvidea drivers via Ubuntu's tool.
> After reboot Xserver was broken and I couldn't figure out the problem
> and had to reinstall the whole system.

That was not necessary! Simply reading the mailing-list archive would
have helped you!

> So what I don't understand is that the system can access both cards
> and linux drivers exist, what is the problem?

All your questions have been answerd in the mailing list thousends of
times!

first:
You are working with jaunty wich is realy old and does not have so much
solutions out of the box.
My advice: Change to Karmic or even better to Lucid since the gdm is
written completely new for karmic, using upstart which is much faster
than the init.d scripts used in jaunty.

second:
All steps you have to do after setup or upgrade I have  described here
for you:
http://global-social.net/sony-VGN-Zseries

> So if someone could please provide some summary of the main issues.

Voila ;-)

regards,

Raphael