Re: new BIOS from Sony Was: Update BIOS (only Linux installed)

Maybe I am seeing this only on the positive side, but I can only be
happy if there
is interest among Sony employees to what the Linux community is doing.

I for one would like to see the next BIOS update to be ACPI-compliant and to
make it easier for Linux to implement graphics card hot switching on/off.

I've seen successful reports of this happening on Lenovo+ATI laptops
with Linux, so I don't
think there should be any engineering reason not to see this on
Sony+nvidia laptops soon.

Cheers,

Albert.