Re: new BIOS from Sony Was: Update BIOS (only Linux installed)

On Mi, 02 Dez 2009, Albert Vilella wrote:
> What you mean by want us to update so that we cannot do any bios hacking?

The new bios has closed the EFI boot hole where you can boot from an usb
stick and change settings in the bios.

> or... is the EFI related to mackintoshes?

Macs do use EFI, but it is not specific to them.

Best wishes

Norbert

Dr. Norbert Preining                                        Associate Professor
JAIST Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology   preining@xxxxxxxxxxx
Vienna University of Technology                               preining@xxxxxxxx
Debian Developer (Debian TeX Task Force)                    preining@xxxxxxxxxx
RIPON (vb.)
(Of literary critics.) To include all the best jokes from the book in
the review to make it look as if the critic thought of them.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff