Re: Lost of speed/stamina switch when updating to 2.6.31-16

Hello Pierre,

thank you for feedback.

Am Dienstag, den 08.12.2009, 12:14 +0100 schrieb pierre.fr34:
> No, grub was not updated in the same time but I guess that
> /etc/default/grub was updated during the installation of the updated
> kernel ...

No. Impossible. A simple kernel update does not touch default files and
fortiori not without asking nor from another package.

What it does: it executes /usr/sbin/update-grub, so it may be possible
that changes made before became visible after upgrading the kernel.

How to handle the kernel commandline is one of the last issues which the
janitor script does not handle since some people don't want to use that
rather switching the acpi by (hacked) BIOS.

It is explained on http://global-social.net/VGN-Z#commandline how to
handle that and the script shows the user this address.

Maybe I will add a routine which informs the user about the state of the
actual command-line passed by grub with an opportunity to handle that.

Regards,

Raphael