Re: Touchpad configuration

On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 7:18 AM, Raphael Gradenwitz <
raphael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello Patrick,
>
> Am Sonntag, den 27.12.2009, 10:48 +0100 schrieb Patrick Valdellon:
> > Since I configured my touchpad today, and there seem to be open
> > questions in the mailing-list archive (18 Nov 2009: Arnaldo Mandel,
> > Mar 2009  Eric Webb) I'm telling my results.
> >

> Thank you for sharing your experiences.

Hello Patrick, I wish to join this thank you.

> But don't you think this makes it unnecessary difficult since there are
> tools with nice graphical front ends to setup almost all of this
> settings on a per user basis activating its settings on the fly, without
> need to restart hal or X:

[...]

> Did I miss something?
>

> > <merge key="input.x11_options.LTCornerButton" type="string">2</merge>
> > #middle-click by tapping in the top-left corner
> > <merge key="input.x11_options.LBCornerButton" type="string">3</merge>
> > #right-click by tapping in the left-bottom corner
> > <merge key="input.x11_options.RTCornerButton" type="string">0</merge>
> > <merge key="input.x11_options.RBCornerButton" type="string">0</merge>
>
> OK, this looks different, assume this is Not supported in
> gpointing-device-settings..(?)

Boy, Raphael, you are really smart!  This is also an opportunity to praise
you on your janitor script, that has worked for me perferfectly in all
incarnations.

You really hit exacly the part of Patrick's contribution I find most
valuable, since it covers some configuration options not available through
those tools.  They bring some sanity to the middle button in this badly
designed touchpad - out of despair I had bound the middle button to the menu
key, but that is a bit broken.  Still, I miss a multitouch touchpad.

Regards,

Arnaldo