Re: VGN-Zseries-janitor now supports debian (without upstart)

Hello,

Am Dienstag, den 22.12.2009, 08:58 +0100 schrieb Raphael Gradenwitz:
> New features:
>
> - support for Debian (squeeze) and its derivatives without upstart.
>
> - now creates the init.d scripts if no upstart is installed.
>   Please assure that you remove all older init.d scripts and symlinks
>   from earlier switching mechanisms if you want to test this solution.
>
> - Complete new written Installation routine for the nvidia driver
>   from ftp-server or beta-driver.
>
> - Now with dkms auto Kernel-Module upgrading mechanism for this kind
>   of driver! (The shipped installer normaly does not support dkms)
>
> - The script now creates its own diversions for the nvidia ftp- and
>   beta driver
>
> - New Option to completely uninstall all nvidia related driver.
>
> - Lots of smart auto fix mechanisms for common faults one can encounter
>   while making experiments with the driver to guarantee a stable system
>   after running the uninstaller in stamina mode.

New (29.12.09):

since still some people are using the old flavours from Ubuntu or
Debian, I have now added Support for Ubuntu Jaunty and Debian Lenny

If the recognized Kernel < 2.6.31, the script now will download, patch
and install the Kernel module from Eva Brucherseifer with:

        [x] dkms auto kernel module upgrading
        [x] Nvidia backlight with acpi_create_nv_event script in speed
        mode
        [x] newest rfkill-applet working as expected
        [x] Nvidia-Driver from Distribution or
        [x]  - directly from nvidia ftp-server

All this I have extremely tested here on a Jaunty and it worked fine.

And of course the usual enhancements again

Since the last message from 22.12.2009, the script has been downloaded
more than 400 times (overall nearly 1000 downloads at present) but not
that much feedback. I hope that is a good sign (no- or only little bugs)
but success storys of course are welcome too. ;-)

If you want to spread the word, please link like this:

        http://global-social.net/sony-VGN-Zseries

peace!

Regards,
Raphael Gradenwitz