Re: Fingerprint Reader

У суб, 16. 01 2010. у 20:09 +0100, Danilo Šegan пише:
> У пет, 15. 01 2010. у 18:44 -0800, Ben Klausner пише:
> > After installing fprint-demo, libfprint0, and libpam-fprint, when I
> > run fprint-demo, it tells me "No devices found." Also tried running it
> > under sudo, same results.
>
> I have the same situation with 0x147e:1000 Upek fingerprint reader on my
> Vaio Z790, and I don't know if it's compatible with any of the supported
> chips (i.e. just USB IDs need to be added to the libfprint library), but
> that'd be the first thing I'd try if I was interested to get it going.

FWIW, I was able to get it scanning fingerprints with fingerprintGUI
0.12 "with-upek" 64-bit version while fetching BSAPI 3.6 for Linux from
upek.com (and using libbsapi.so from it).

I am not interested in exploring this further since fingerprint can, in
my opinion, only be used to replace a user name, and not password, if
you want any concept of security.

Cheers,
Danilo