stamina/speed switch

Dear all,
I am new of this team and indeed not so expert in linux (I have just
installed Ubuntu 9.10). I have a VGN-Z5 vaio and tried to manage the
cold switch stamina/speed via janitor script.
The stamina side of the switch works correctly, at booting the stamina
led is on and ubuntu starts correctly.
>From the speed side, on the other hand, at booting the led is on but
after grub loading a series vertical stripes appear and no x starts. It
seems that it is not able to recognize nvidia.
What do you think about this behavior?

Giulio
--
This message was sent from Launchpad by the user
Giulio (https://launchpad.net/~giulio-sciarra)