Re: Anyone using a vpcz11x9e

NOTE:  oh, I see some people responded in the interim while my
internet was bad.  Might want to just skim this e-mail then.

Hey again,
@Alexel
Are you using the janitor script? That will take care of what you need
to get only one card powered at a time.  Makes the battery life much
better.  I've had my computer report up to 5 hours of battery life
using the intel card only.  This is with wifi and bluetooth off
though.  Just a note, bluetooth seems to drain a lot of power in my
experience, so turning that off using the rfkill applet can help.

@bob
There is a problem with the bios, Linux does not work with the latest
bios.  Or rather, it does, but the NVidia card is not visible.  Still,
the intel card apparently works, and that is good enough to get enough
3D support for visual effects (though I don't know about games.)
Still, if you don't mind, you could just boot into W7 for gaming or
whatever.  If you want more specific info, search the mailing list
(pain in the butt I know...) the bios problem has been discussed many
times before.

Jason