Re: 2.6.34rc4 with VGA_SWITCHEROO

Hi Simon,

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 10:09 AM, Simon Barber <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm running Ubuntu Lucid Lynx, and recently built the 2.6.34-rc4 kernel
> from Linus's tree. I used the Ubuntu kernel config (from Lucid's 2.6.32-18
> kernel) but turned on VGA_SWITCHEROO, set the CPU to core2 and updated
> sony-laptop to the latest version. I used make-kpkg and the resulting .debs
> install and seem to work ok. The only reason I'm not using this setup daily
> is suspend/resume is now broken (it works for me on 2.6.32-18 from Lucid,
> although hibernate does not). I'm running a VGN-Z890, with R5030 bios.
>
> I can upload the .debs if anyone is interested and has somewhere to put
> them.

Sounds Awesome!  I myself am not experienced enough to tread these waters,
but I wouldn't see the harm if you've got them hosted to share a link.

ISN'T THIS SUPPOSED TO BE SOMETHING LAUNCHPAD IS CAPABLE OF HOSTING FOR US?

> Does anyone know what's needed to get suspend/resume working?

Not a clue, but I bet some of the more experienced gurus would be able to
lend a hand when they get to their emails.

Anthony