De: "Sebastian Daehne" <daehne@xxxxxxx>
À: "ait amrane omar" <o.evistel@xxxxxxx>
Cc: "Sony Vaio Z-series Laptop" <sony-vaio-z-series@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Envoyé: Mercredi 28 Avril 2010 18:36:49 GMT +01:00 Amsterdam / Berlin / Berne / Rome / Stockholm / Vienne
Objet: Re: [Sony-vaio-z-series] Sony VAIO VZ11A7E laptop graphics problems with Ubuntu 9.10

On 04/28/2010 04:56 PM, ait amrane omar wrote:
> Till now I can not use the Intel grahics low power consumption board
> (STAMINA mode). When
> I physically switch to the STAMINA mode the laptop freezes at boot time.
> I can use the nVidia board only with VESA-FB (800x600), I can not use it
> with a higher resolution.
> The nVidia board is (as shown by lspci):
>
> 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation GT216 [GeForce GT
> 330M] (rev a2)
>
> Do you have any suggestion ?

Quite a few do have Issues with the onboard intel graphics. To make the
nvidia work you
will need to boot an older kernel (say 2.6.26 or so) with the stamina
switch set to speed first.
Then reboot the machine (the speed led should be on now) into a newer
kernel with
kerneloption nomodeset
You should use grub-legacy instead of grub2.

Once you've booted the system with the speed-led on an nomodeset you should
be able to start the X with the closed-source nvidia driver,

regards

Sebastian