How is Ubuntu 10.04 doing these days with Z?

I'm a long time OS X user but find Apple's current product line a bit
disconnected from my needs.  I want portability, power and the command
line.  The MBP 13" would be my pick but the hardware specs are not there
for me.  I'm taking a serious look at the Vaio Z.  If I'm going to trade
in OS X, it must be for Linux.

I'm wondering how 10.04 is doing on the Z.  Can you provide some input
and what issues I may have to deal with if I purchase the Z, dump Win 7
and install Lucid Lynx?

Thank you in advance.
--
This message was sent from Launchpad by the user
teaneedz (https://launchpad.net/~teaneedz)