Re: VPCZ11Z9E - screen does not light up on resume

Le samedi 26 juin 2010 19:36:12, Xavier Hallade a écrit :
> xauth add `sudo -u yourusername -s xauth list :0.0`
>
> returns the same error if I try in konsole.
>
> I keep a copy of my .Xauthority in /root/ for this moment.
>
> I tried to add xrandr --output DP3 --off ; xrandr --output DP3 --auto in
> resume_video() in /usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/99video
> The command is executed at resume, without errors, but nothing happens.

You have to put your commands in a script that will be executed on resume at
the end. So create a script with a name like : 01sony-vaio (don't forget chmod
+x). Mine is :

--------------------------------
#!/bin/sh
# light up laptop screen for vaio VPCZ11Z9E

. "${PM_FUNCTIONS}"

resume_lapscreen()
{
#    export DISPLAYUSER=`ps --no-heading -o user -C start_kdeinit`
#    /usr/bin/xauth add `sudo -u $DISPLAYUSER -s /usr/bin/xauth list :0.0`
    /usr/bin/xrandr --output DP3 --off
    /usr/bin/xrandr --output DP3 --auto
}

case "$1" in
        thaw|resume) resume_lapscreen ;;
        *) exit 0 ;;
esac

Alternatively, if your script gets started too early, you could also execute
"sleep 1" at the beginning of resume_lapscreen(). And then make it executed in
the background (replace the line "thaw|resume) resume_lapscreen ;;" by "thaw|
resume) resume_lapscreen & ;;").