Re: experience with Adam's howto

On Wednesday 18 August 2010 00:53:17 Fabrizio Giustina wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 7:58 PM, Justin Karneges <justin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > What sucks the most is the old->new kernel reboot thing, and 30% keyboard
> > failure rate after boot (which, if it fails, means two more boots to try
>
> this should e fixed by adding these kernel parameters (the i8042.nopnp
> alone fixes the touchpad but breaks keyboard, adding all the
> parameters seem to fix both):
> i8042.reset i8042.nomux i8042.nopnp i8042.noloop

Great, setting these kernel parameters seems to have fixed the problem.  The
broken keyboard happened often enough for me that I'd have seen it by now, but
we'll know for sure after some days pass.

I found these bug entries on the topic:

Does anyone know if there is an upstream fix (real or planned) for this?  By
reading the above urls, it looks like there has been an attempt but the task
remains unresolved.

-Justin