Re: FN-F5 not working with sony-laptop v0.9np7 on 2.6.35.4 / intel brightness

Hi Knuth

I did the following:

cat /etc/acpi/events/sony-brightness-up
event=sony/hotkey SNC 00000001 00000011
action=/etc/acpi/sony-brightness.sh up

cat /etc/acpi/events/sony-brightness-down
event=sony/hotkey SNC 00000001 00000010
action=/etc/acpi/sony-brightness.sh down

cat /etc/acpi/sony-brightness.sh
#!/usr/bin/perl -w
use strict;
open (my $x, "</proc/acpi/video/GFX0/LCD/brightness");
my @levels;
my $level;
while(<$x>){
   chomp;
   s/^levels:\s+// && do {
        @levels = split /\s+/;
   };
   s/^current:\s+// && do {
        $level = $_;
   };
}
close $x;
for (my $i=0;$i <= $#levels; $i++){
    if ($level == $levels[$i]){
        my $val;
        if ($ARGV[0] eq 'up'){
            $i++
        }
        else {
            $i--
        }
        if ($i >= 0 and $i <= $#levels){
           open (my $y, ">/proc/acpi/video/GFX0/LCD/brightness");
           print $y $levels[$i];
           close $y;
        }
        last;