Fwd: Boot Help! - screen issue...

Pls help, any comments?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jacky Ng <jackyng722@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 9:31 PM
Subject: Help! - screen issue...
To: sony-vaio-z-series@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Guys,

I have been experiencing a weird problem with my new Vaio Z as
attached when I boot up Ubuntu 10.10.

Spec:
Sony VPCZ135GG
Intel Core i5-580M
4G memory
NVIDIA 330M Graphics (switchable graphics)  1600 * 900 resolution
Bios Version: R3030C3

Actually, this has happened during installation also, but when
"Install Ubuntu on hard disk" and include the "nomodeset" option with
'vga=318' then the installation screen is fine.  But when I boot into
the installed Ubuntu, it still shows that screen.

I've tried adding boot options:

i8042.nopnp i8042.reset i8042.nomux i8042.noloop (for the touch pad to work)
vga=318
nomodeset (this just makes it boot into shell)

when I boot into Ubuntu, it just doesn't work...

Does anyone else have this problem?  Any suggestions on how to make it
normal?

Thanks in advance!

Jak