Ubuntu on Sony Vaio Z12X9E/X

Re.: Ubuntu on Sony Vaio Z12X9E/X

Hi everybody,

I'm very new in this lounchpad team and really impressed about your
progress.

I'm running Linux Ubuntu since the late Karmic on my VAIO VGN and I'm so
happy

with Ubuntu on my old Vaio that I decided to get a new Vaio Z. Last
Friday I got my

Sony Vaio Z12X9E/X and I find it is a pretty machine running incredibly
fast with WIN 7.

But it was not possible for me to install Ubuntu (Maverick) due to the
graphic problems. I tried it with the Intel option and Nvidia as well.
In both cases was the installation window of Ubuntu so blurred that it
was not possible to navigate on it and to make the installation.

So - my question is how to get the new kernel on my system when there is
no possibility to start a terminal and print "sudo .........".

Could anybody help me? Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

helmut$

Follow ups